Hours & Location
The Coronado Historical Association is happy to announce that our galleries and store are open Tuesday through Sunday, including research by appointment on Wednesdays and Thursdays. CHA continues to provide safe online shopping with curbside pickup and free Coronado delivery. Visit https://coronadohistory.org/
Like many cultural organizations around the country, CHA experienced significant revenue loss due to the pandemic. We need your support. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to support the continued preservation of our community's history. Donate today at https://coronadohistory.org/donations/.
Research Center by Appointment Only
Tuesday-Thursday 11 am to 3 pm
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-435-7242
Museum Galleries & Store Open
Tuesday - Sunday 10 am to 5 pm
- Take the I-5 to the San Diego-Coronado Bay Bridge/Highway 75
- Do not stop at the toll booth, there is no longer a toll to cross the bridge
- The speed limit immediately after the toll bridge is 30 miles an hour, so relax and adjust to Island tempo
- Turn left on Orange Ave (this is MainStreet Coronado)
- You will see the Museum just as Orange Ave begins to curve at 1100 Orange Avenue
Other Transportation Options
- 901 Bus: Take the 901 bus from Downtown San Diego over the bridge. The bus stops along
OrangeAve as wellas at Rotary Plaza; adjacent to the Museum. MTS schedule online.
- By Ferry: The Coronado/San Diego Ferry leaves San Diego on the hour from
9amto 9pm, and from Coronado on the half hour from 9:30 am until 9:30 pm (10:30 on weekends). Ferry service also serves the Convention Center, departing the Coronado Ferry Landing every other hour starting at 9:15amuntil 8:15pm— weekends and special event schedules run later. Tickets may be purchased at each Ferry Stop. Call (619) 234-4111 or (800) 442-7847.
- 904 Bus: The 904 bus runs regularly from the Coronado Ferry Landing and Marriott to the Hotel del Coronado and City Hall with regular stops in-between, including one on Orange Avenue, in front of the Visitor Center at Rotary Plaza. The MTS schedule is online for more information.
- Parking is available on Orange Ave, Isabella Ave,
andFirst Street. Most parking is free with a 2-hourlimit.
- Parking on residential streets is permitted during the day per posted placards.
- It may take some time to find parking in the summer and during holiday periods, so arrive early. Parking on the east side of Orange Ave is often easier to find than on the west side.
Become a member
Join us and help preserve and share Coronado's unique and wonderful history with intriguing exhibits and innovative programs for all ages.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Two complimentary tickets to our Historic Walking Tour of Coronado
- Invites to members-only events
- ...and much more!