Viewing posts for the category Field Notes
Above: Members of Coronado Rotary participate in beach clean-up. Date unknown.
History of Clayton's
The building at 979 Orange Avenue, today known as Clayton's has a long history here in Coronado. The building at the corner of Tenth and Orange was originally the home of Gerry's Coffee Shop. The coffee shop moved to the building in 1942 after three years at another location. The grand opening announcement boasted that the party would include "flowers for the ladies and cigars for the men".